How to Arrange a Beautiful Silk Flower Bouquet That Last for Years
Imagine being able to keep your favorite bouquet of flowers in your home forever. Well now, you can! Today’s silk flowers are so realistic in appearance that it’s often hard to distinguish them from actual flowers, which is why they make such wonderful decor for interiors.
Instead of paying a professional to custom-make a silk arrangement, we recommend putting this money towards stunning silk blooms and trying to create your own. It can actually be an enjoyable process; and if you ever change your mind, you can simply rearrange them. From the experts at HGTV, here are some helpful tips for achieving a gorgeous silk flower bouquet that you can enjoy for years to come.
- Try to choose silk flowers, blooms and greenery with a variety of colors and textures.
- Aim for a bouquet that will be about 1½ times the width and height of the vase or container.
- When inserting silk flowers, start with the tallest ones first and create a fan shape.
- Secure any flowers that don’t seem sturdy with hot glue.
- Be sure your finished silk bouquet is not in direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- If any silk petals or leaves begin to fray on the edges, sear them with a match rather than cutting them.
- To dust your silk bouquet, use a hairdryer on a cool setting.
- If your bouquet begins to droop at all, use a clothes or iron steamer to revive it.
For more step-by-step instructions on how to create your silk flower bouquet, visit the HGTV how-to article online.
Hurry on over to one of the Paul Michael Company stores in Louisiana, Arkansas or Texas where we are running a special sale this weekend only for half off all silk blooms and glass flowers!