The Best Design Books for Non-Designers
Welcome to Paul Michael Company‘s design 101. During this two-part, mini post series we will be divulging our favorite tips, tricks and secrets for designing like a professional.
In this first part, we will be presenting you with a list of books that can help you learn to shop, decorate and update like a professional. Here are our five favorite design books for non-designers who want to achieve a beautiful home on their own.
1. Undecorate: The No-Rules Approach to Interior Design by Christiane Lemieux and Rumaan Alam
2. Be Your Own Decorator: Taking Inspiration and Cues from Today’s Top Designers by Susanna Salk
3. Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy by Deborah Needleman, Sara Ruffin Costello and Dara Caponigro
4. Design*Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney
5. The Selby Is in Your Place by Todd Selby Author, Photographer
Have you read any of these titles? Tell us in a comment what you thought and how it helped you approach your own home design.
Be sure to check back in a few days to see our next post on where to find design inspiration on the web!
Photo via Helloilmare